Why can't I reply to bulletin board messages directly using the email reply button?
The bulletin board was set up in this way so that we can screen messages and to prevent the distribution of viruses that can occur with an email-based system.
Why don’t you send out bulletin board messages individually any more?
With the success of the website and growing membership, each message was taking several hours to be sent out and backlogs developed frequently. Some members also found the number of messages too much. The decision was taken to send out one e-mail digest message generally once a day.
I posted a message on the bulletin board but it has not appeared, why not?
Your message will not be displayed until it has been screened by Pharmaceutical Press staff; this will usually occur within 24h. Once it has been accepted, it will be displayed on the bulletin board and emailed in a digest to registered users. However, not all messages are approved; reasons for not posting include:
- the topic has come up before with no apparent attempt to search the bulletin board
- the information is accessible in the formulary section of the website with no apparent attempt to access this
- blanket requests with no apparent attempt to answer their own question, e.g. "I am doing a project on pain, please help"
- use of trade rather than generic/recognised international names (rINNs) for drugs or unfamiliar abbreviations
- personal messages.
At the discretion of Pharmaceutical Press staff, a posting may be allowed on the board, but will not be circulated.
I don’t wish to receive the bulletin board messages, is there an alternative?
Yes, you can remove yourself from the email circulation list easily by changing your preferences (see 'How do I change registration details and preferences regarding bulletin board messages?' above). You can still view all bulletin board messages and replies by going to the bulletin board itself and browsing through the message titles, expanding where necessary to read all the replies to a particular topic.
Is there a way to suspend bulletin board email messages while on holiday?
Yes, you can remove yourself from the email circulation list and then rejoin easily by changing your preferences as above. Please note that because of the way messages are pre-approved and queued to be sent out, you may receive 1-2 messages after removing yourself from the list.
Why am I receiving duplicate email messages?
This may be because you have registered more than once. Either delete one registration from receiving emails or contact us at email@example.com.
Although signed up for bulletin board digests and other messages, I am not receiving them, or have suddenly stopped receiving them. Why?
Your email service, IT department and Internet Service Provider (ISP) all work hard to protect you from spam, but this can sometimes mean that emails you actually want do not get through. If you are not getting the bulletin board digests (generally sent out several times a week, daily when busy) try the following:
Your email software
- add firstname.lastname@example.org and www.palliativedrugs.com to your safe sender list
- add email@example.com to your address book (Hotmail and gmail users)
Your anti-spam software
- add firstname.lastname@example.org and www.palliativedrugs.com to your safe sender list of your anti-spam software
Your IT department or ISP
If the above fails, your IT department or ISP may be blocking our e-mail.
- ask your IT department and ISP to allow emails to come through to you from email@example.com and from our IP address 126.96.36.199
This is called 'whitelisting'. If you aren't getting the email, many others could be missing out too, so it is well worth the effort.